Friday, January 3, 2014

Found Object DIY

Happy 2014 everyone! I hope you all survived the holiday season and are looking forward to a fresh start this year (I know I am!). I have several projects I am working on right now, but almost none of them are complete yet so I gotta wait to share them with all of you (which also means I need to get busy!).

I did, however, complete a mini-DIY project the other day that you might enjoy. Some of my favorite projects come from found objects, such as this bust that I found on the street in my sister's neighborhood (Noe Valley). The craziest part is, I was just telling her how I wanted a bust for the etagere shelf I am working on and poof! People over there are getting rid of all kinds of great stuff! I found a lovely Ikea matted frame a few days before I found the bust.

Here it is in its original state:







































I then spray painted it with a coat of primer:



































And then it was time to make the color choice. I initially was planning to paint it white, to give it a more modern clean look, however I didn't have any white paint at the moment and I also wanted something a little more fun....so I chose a green gloss finish spray paint and this is how it turned out:


































I can't wait to see how it will look on my new etagere, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment