Friday, December 27, 2013

Happy New Year! (almost)

Good morning friends,

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas with your families and friends. This is the first year that my niece had a basic understanding of what Christmas is all about--presents!! ;) Watching her open her gifts and enjoy each one in a unique and endearing way made my holiday simply magical, as if it were me experiencing the childhood joy of Christmas all over again. Take a gander at this video...
http://instagram.com/p/iZVtkTolct/

Now that the hustle and bustle of this holiday is over, it's time to look toward ringing in the new year in style---Gatsby style that is! This year my friends and I have decided to attend the Gatsby-inspired party at Per Diem, a two level speakeasy tucked away in the Financial District of San Francisco.























I realized I need to come up with something sparkly to wear, preferably with a 1920's flair, so I went to my best resource for inspiration: Pinterest (of course). Take a look at some of what I found:










































Photo credit 
 Prada Gatsby Costumes


















































Photo credit



I also really want to pull off the faux-bob/finger wave look so I did some research on YouTube and found
this great tutorial:





Until next time, Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment