Thursday, January 30, 2014

Art for Your Home

One thing I love about interior decorating is that there really are no rules. Sure there are guidelines to what colors look best together, effectively balancing scale, properly installing window treatments, etc. but when it comes down to it, it's your home! You can do WHATEVER you want! This is great, but also can be overwhelming considering how many options we have to choose from these days. I especially have difficulty with decision making when it comes to selecting art. Some of the questions I ask myself are:

1. What pieces really represent me? And why?
2. What will go well with the particular area I need to fill?
3. Do I want fine art? Photography? Original work or a print from a famous artist?
4. What colors will work well in the room?
5. How much can I/should I spend?

I was scouring websites like art.com and allposters.com looking for that 'perfect piece', like it was just going to jump out at me. Well, long story short, that didn't happen. I talked to my sister about it (she was an art major and has much more insight on this topic than I do) and she said it can take years to find that 'perfect piece'. I thought about it, and she's right, why rush into finding something that you will be looking at every day?! So I've decided to take the pressure off myself, enjoy the process, and just take my time looking for the right piece. Sofia (my sis) also gave me a great recommendation for finding inexpensive original art...Etsy.com! So, that will be my mission today...searching the artists on there. I love this idea, I can actually support an aspiring artist instead of just buying a poster.

Do you have any good ideas or resources for finding art for your home? I'd love to hear it!!


2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Thank you for your comment, I have added you to my list of blogs I follow. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello beautiful!)
      Im follow you back))
      Have a nice day*

      www.thecentralstreet

      kisses)*

      Delete