Thursday, January 23, 2014

Black Walls=Bold Move

Hello friends!

The weekend is almost here and I am so excited because for me, weekends=project time. I don't have much time during the week to pursue my creative outlets with a full time job, but maybe one day that will change ;). Ever since I re-decorated my teeny-tiny bathroom, I haven't felt fully satisfied with it. It still feels generic (and I try to be anything but generic!). They always say dark colors make a room feel smaller, but sometimes a bold move in a small space is exactly what you need. In my collection of paint, I ran across the black high gloss can I bought to paint my dresser and it sparked the idea of painting the bathroom BLACK. Sounds crazy right? After a little research for inspiration, I've come to realize that black walls can be quite striking and elegant. It's also an excellent backdrop for art and accessories, punches of color, and metallic accents. Check out some of my inspiration photos below. What is your opinion on a black backdrop?? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below!














1 comment:

  1. The inspiration photos at amazing. I think you're on to something!

    ReplyDelete