Wednesday, November 20, 2013

She's Back!!!

Hello friends,

I haven't posted in forever because, to be honest, I sorta gave up on blogging. I gave up too soon so I am back with new ideas and images to share, to inspire and motivate you to create!

My latest update is that I have decided to start my own interior decorating business. It has been a passion of mine since I was a child, begging my mother to let me paint and rearrange my room practically on a monthly basis. In my current job, I spend all day encouraging students to pursue their creative passions and guess what? I am going to take my own advice and I invite you to join me.

Since I am keeping my day job, I can take my time building the business. For now, I am starting with simply educating myself on various styles, furniture, resources, textiles, color theory, and space planning. Each day I learn at least one new thing when it comes to decorating. Today, it is the flokati rug. A flokati rug is a handmade shag wool rug. "Shag?!" you say, and yes shag. Believe it or not, shag can be chic. Take a look:








What I also really love about these is how incredibly soft and lush they are. Perfect for your bedroom or a nursery. In my opinion, they look best in white or ivory like the ones shown above.



No comments:

Post a Comment